Drupal 8 Sitebuilding
This two-day course provides a comprehensive understanding of Drupal 8 for Site Builders. The procedures throughout the week are introduced step-by-step and then reinforced with practice and challenges. You'll build a website to meet the needs of a client and reflect on your own experience to take the procedures you learn back into your own work and any new situations you encounter.
Day 1 Introduction to Drupal 8Provides a solid introduction to Drupal 8. Introduces and explains the most essential features and concepts of Drupal through hands-on activities.
Day 2 Building Websites with Drupal 8Provides a comprehensive deep-dive into the essential skills necessary when building websites with Drupal. The content of this course targets people who are familiar with Drupal 7 Site Building and need to understand the differences between Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 before moving on to Building Websites with Drupal 8.
Adding content with Drupal 7
Drupal 7 Site Building
A decent understanding of HTML and CSS experience is helpful
Some prior experience with CMSs and building websites
The content of this course targets people who are familiar with Drupal 7 Site Building and need to understand the differences between Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 before moving on to Building Websites with Drupal 8.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Describe key features and functionality provided by Drupal 8 core
- Define Drupal terminology and describe concepts
- Explain and summarize how Drupal sites are constructed and themed
- Search for and use Modules to extend Drupal's functionality
- Articulate the benefits of using Drupal 8 to develop websites
- Model content types
- Create lists of content and other data
- Assemble a Drupal 8 website out of individual components